If you own a home in the Denver, CO area and are thinking about selling, there are some important repairs you may want to consider before you place it on the market. To increase your home’s value, you also don’t want to spend a ton of money on repairs you won’t be there to enjoy. The key is to focus on critical areas for improvements.
- The flooring is the number one area to inspect. Scratched up wood flooring, tattered or out of date carpeting, and worn linoleum can make your home seem sad and rundown. The best way is to replace it to freshen up your home and add value.
- Fix water leaks and any water stains left behind on walls or ceilings. Water stains can look frightful to potential buyers.
- Repair or replace the torn window and door screens to add value and improve appearance.
- Update tile grout if it’s yellowed or cracking. Re-grouting is less expensive than a new tile job and can improve a counter or bathroom appearance immensely.
- Give the property some attention to remove or revive the lawn, trees, or shrubbery. Clean up any miscellaneous debris or trash.
- Remove any pet damage. If there is pet damage to the doors or walls, buyers will also look for pet stains on the flooring. It’s best to have the damage repaired.
- Revive an outdated kitchen because the kitchen is most often one of the most crucial selling points for a home. A full kitchen renovation is not necessary, but you’ll want to focus on the most outdated areas.
The insurance agents at AFI Insurance work to provide the best options for coverage in the Denver, CO area. Contact an AFI agent today for your home insurance needs.