Renovating your home will add to its value when the work is finished, but it will increase your liability while the work is being completed. Your homeowners’ insurance will cover general types of liability. Denver, CO residents who are going to renovate their home can talk to the agents of AFI Insurance if they have questions about their homeowners’ insurance.
During renovations, there is an increased risk of accidents and injuries to both your family and those who are working on your home. This increase in risk will be in place until the renovations are completed. Your insurance agent may recommend increasing the amount of liability coverage you have on your home to make sure you are fully protected.
During renovations, you will have an abundance of building materials on your property. You will also have a variety of tools and equipment as well. Building materials are expensive and be difficult to replace if stolen or damaged in any way. Covering them with your homeowners’ policy may result in purchasing additional insurance.
As the work is completed, the value of your home will begin to change. It is essential that you keep in touch with your insurance agent. Discussing the additional value is important will be important when determining how much homeowners’ insurance you will need.
AFI Insurance has agents who are able to discuss your policy and recommend any changes that need to be made when you are renovating your home. Denver, CO residents can count on the agents to provide valuable insight into protecting your investment and any improvements that are being made to it. Call the office and make sure you have the coverage you need before renovations start.
Every state in the U.S. has different requirements for who needs auto insurance as well as the minimum amount of coverage you should carry. In Colorado, everyone who has a driver’s license and access to a vehicle should have insurance in order to drive. Insurance agents are your best bet to know exactly what you need when it comes to auto insurance. At AFI Insurance, you’ll be able to get information that you need about liability insurance coverage.
It seems that younger drivers tend to cause more accidents, but anyone can have an accident no matter what age you are. If you have liability coverage, then you’ll be protected if you cause a car accident. In Denver, CO, you must have liability insurance on your vehicle. There are several different types of liability coverage. There is general, bodily injury, and property damage liability.
- General liability – covers you if you cause an accident.
- Bodily injury damage – protects you from financial responsibilities if you injure someone while you are driving.
- Property damage liability – keeps you from paying out thousands or more from damages that you caused to someone else’s vehicle or property.
Other Types of Coverage
There are additional insurance coverages that you can secure for you and your vehicle.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist – if someone injures you, your medical bills, vehicle repairs could be covered if that person doesn’t have insurance or doesn’t have enough to cover the cost for repairs.
- Comprehensive coverage – covers the damage to your vehicle that is not related to a driving accident, such as vandalism, theft, or fire damage.
- Collision coverage – could pay for damage to your vehicle if you hit another object, such as other vehicles, poles, or mailboxes.
Talk to an agent about liability limits and other coverage you may need for your vehicle in Denver, CO. At AFI Insurance, their staff can help you get started with your auto insurance policy.